Saturday, March 8, 2014

CROW'S ANATOMY

BY ELLIOT RHOTON

Drawing has always been a passion of mine.  I especially love drawing animals and find that my strength lies in drawing dogs and cats.  However, the Scientific Journeys: Crows class has inspired me to further pursue my art interests for my final project.  Though there are a broad range of topics that covers how crows are projected in society, one of the things I have noticed is that they are magnificently portrayed in artwork.  Even when they are being labelled as an omen of death, their beauty is not masked. 


I have no affiliation with spiritual groups or religions, so what I felt to be the most interesting to do for my project is a set of anatomical drawings.  As a pre-med student, anatomy is a very hard-driven subject.  All pre-med students will have to study animals at some point in their educational process, but it seems that the most common specimens are cats or fetal pigs.  Because of this, I have decided that I want to explore the anatomy of the crow via their skeleton and their wing structure.  After all, these two things really set birds apart from other animals.

These images are some of the progress of my project one of the sketching process and the other one is an inked skeleton.

No comments:

Post a Comment